Top 10 Questions to ask Yourself?
I should have done better! Sound familiar? We are all human and we are impacted by errors, mistakes, or failures, however it’s the reaction afterwards and how we handle it that’s the key to success! Just take a moment and reflect on the last thing that happened to you where you didn’t feel great and see what comes to mind…………………………………? When things happen, there are two choices, an opportunity to beat yourself up, or, to ask a question and LEARN! Better questions lead to better outcomes and leaders are learners! Every person including yourself has amazing potential and an opportunity to move to new levels of success as a leader by adjusting your approach through better questions.
“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” ― Voltaire
Opportunities to Learn from Challenges
In my blog, “These 5 Questions will truly help your personal growth,” I highlighted that self-reflection is key to personal growth. You won’t ever improve or reach your goals if you don’t look at yourself and your actions in depth. You may not know what to ask yourself, so I’ve put together 5 questions for you to answer. If you’re honest in your answers, you’ll learn a lot about yourself and what makes you who you are. Here they are:
- What faults, flaws and issues do you have, and what can you do to resolve them?
- What is there to love about yourself and your life?
- What are you working to achieve, and why?
- What is stopping you from accomplishing your goals?
- What can you do to make a positive impact on the world?
I hope you were honest in your answers to these questions, and I encourage you to regularly practice self-reflection if you aren’t already! Personal development enriches your life personally, and professionally too. This link is to a simple yet effective self-reflection exercise I posted last year: Focus on What Makes You Rock. And if you’re in need of some motivation, check out the blog of My Top 50 Quotes for Inspiration and Motivation. If you want to share any of your answers with me, I’d love to hear from you!
Questions on Australian Leaders and Management
The SAL Report “Do Australian Leaders Have what it takes” shows that Australian organisations should be concerned about the state of leadership and management capability. Effective leadership requires the mastery of management fundamentals, including performance monitoring, target setting, and use of incentives. As defined in Chapter 6, “Australian leaders, on the whole, have not mastered the fundamentals of management, though there is some variation in management practices by industry, workplace size, organisational legal status, and workplace age.”
10 Questions for choosing a better Leader
In a Forbes article by Kathy Caprino, “10 Questions to Help you know if your Leader or Manager Is Someone You Should Be supporting,” it is shown thatbetter questions give us better leaders. These questions will help you cut through the noise and clutter, clarify where you really stand, and help you make the correct choice for who you are, focusing on the issues you care about, and the outcomes that matter most to you in your life and work. And these questions will help you not only choose the leader you want to follow, but also determine the way you want to show up in the world. As a start, below are 10 questions that will help you identify if a particular leader or manager is truly someone you should be supporting and working for:
- Does this leader or manager behave, communicate and operate in a way that I respect, admire and want to emulate?
- Does this leader share my core values and inspire me to be the best, highest version of myself possible, or do I find that their actions and suggestions make me behave and speak like a “lower,” more insecure version of myself?
- Does this leader know how to build beneficial, supportive relationships with others that help create sustainable growth and achieve critical ally ship that is so necessary for my organization or entity to thrive?
- Does this leader believe in the innate equality, deservedness and worth of all people he/she leads, and do they support that core value in their words, actions and deeds?
- Can this leader take critique and challenge well, and take responsibility and accountability for his/her actions, instead of blaming others? Do they show remorse when they go wrong, and apologize when an apology or change of course and attitude is called for?
- Can this leader respect and like people who don’t agree with their actions and opinions?
- Does this leader show maturity, emotional intelligence and regulation, temperance, patience, empathy, balance, and other key attributes that make a great leader?
- In reviewing the communications from this leader over the past six months, including social media messages, public and private statements, emails and memos, and other written and verbal forms of communications, do the communications show more positivity than negativity?
- When this leader takes action, does the action support the growth, safety and success of the vast majority of people under him/her, or just those groups he/she is personally attached or connected to and only those who support him/her?
- Finally, are you able to say “I love how this leader behaves and communicates because he/she builds bridges across major divides and differences, and reduces the potential harm, conflict, anger and a lack of acceptance among the people he/she leads?”
Opportunities for Change for YOU!
Now that you have better answers, I am here to support you for your next level of success through three opportunities to build your leadership skills:
1, Join my Course to your Inner Courage – and it’s FREE! I am beyond excited and privileged to have you working with me on my First Comes Courage Read-Along Course. Book your spot, grab the book and make this year a year of Courage! Join alone or as a team! Starts 22nd February 2021 and you enrol and start anytime…
Coaching helps leaders go from good to exceptional.
Book a FREE discovery session
2. LeadershipHQ’s Online Self-Paced Program ONLY $997 (RRP $1495)
Only $997 with a 14 Day Money Back Guarantee! Join 1000’s of people across the Globe who have transformed their confidence and leadership.
And, remember, Leadership starts from within, so grab my latest book FIRST COMES COURAGE!
Get in touch today to learn more about building leadership skills and set yourself up for success!
Stay Kind. Stay Courageous.
Learn more about our companies, awards and keynotes at –
leadership course free trial online
leadership course harvard business school
leadership courses for managers
basic leadership course
leadership crash course
online leadership course
leadership courses melbourne
leadership courses sydney
management and leadership course online free trial
leadership skills online course free trial
strategic leadership free online course trial
leadership development programs harvard business school
organizational leadership course
strategic leadership course
leadership training courses for managers
leadership courses for new managers
leadership courses for project managers
leadership courses for middle managers
leadership courses for senior managers
best leadership courses for managers
leadership development program for managers
leadership training program for managers
leadership program for new managers
leadership reaction course events
leadership reaction course manual
leadership reaction course army
leadership reaction course ideas
leadership reaction course answers
leadership reaction course solutions
leadership reaction course ocs
leadership reaction course usmc
basic leadership course requirements
basic leadership course reflective essay
online leadership courses
online leadership courses queensland
online leadership courses free trial
online leadership courses with certificate
online leadership courses for high school students
online leadership courses australia
leadership and management courses online free
leadership training videos online free
free leadership courses online australia
harvard online leadership courses free
free nursing leadership courses online
free online leadership courses for high school students
leadership courses melbourne online
leadership courses melbourne
leadership training melbourne
leadership programs melbourne
womens leadership courses melbourne
womens leadership courses sydney
womens leadership courses brisbane
womens leadership courses adelaide
executive leadership courses melbourne
executive leadership courses sydney
executive leadership courses brisbane
executive leadership courses adelaide
leadership development courses sydney
leadership courses workshops sydney
leadership course sydney
leadership coaching course sydney
leadership course north sydney
leadership and management courses sydney
leadership and management short courses
women in leadership
programs for women
courses for women